It appears that there is a rabies outbreak and these coyotes are very aggressive. One went after a pet and another went after a human.
Typical deterrent methods such as loud noises do not work with these animals, and they approach very quickly. Extreme caution should be used.
Residents are advised to keep their pets leashed and be mindful of any wildlife. Animal Control asks owners to make certain that all pets, indoor and outdoor, are up to date with their rabies vaccinations.
Southbury Animal Control urges residents to call 911 immediately if they have any concerns, or to report wildlife contact with a human or pet. For questions, call Animal Control at 203-262-0613.
— Seth Poston, Manager, Safety & Emergency Services
Community Relations Task Force accepting applications
The Town of Southbury is looking for a town resident to join the newly formed Community Relations Task Force. Please see the memo from the First Selectman’s office by clicking on the link below. If you are interested in applying for a position on the task force please follow the instructions in the letter. Click here to view letter
Change in Recycling Schedule
Effective July 12, recycling will be picked up weekly. The schedule is as follows:
Monday – Condo 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11
Tuesday – Condo 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, and 24
Thursday – Condo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 15
Friday – Condo 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23
Volunteer Want Ad – Updated July 12, 2021
Heritage Village Master Association and Heritage Village Foundation need volunteers for several positions.
- First Friends needs volunteers to offer a friendly hand to new residents with questions about living in Southbury and Heritage Village.
- Heritage Village Ambulance Assoc. Equipment Program needs volunteers to help with loaning medical equipment to residents. Flexible shifts, no meetings necessary, schedule appointments at your convenience.
- The camera is rolling for a new season and FOCUS TV needs new talent to work behind the scenes or in front of the camera. Do you have an idea for a show? Contact us! We are in Room J near the Fitness Center. Come visit!
- Foundations Facility Committee (FFC) needs a Recording Secretary.
- Condo 4 needs three Board Members, and a Cluster Captain for condos 125–129 and condos 142–144.
- Condo 5 needs a Condo Board Vice President.
- Condo 10 needs three Board Members (including First Trustee and Secretary); Cluster Captain for 8; and a Cluster Captain for 10.
- Condo 11 needs a Cluster Captain for 11B, 426–429 area.
Interested? Contact Terry Calnan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 772-828-0370.
Pool Hours as of June 21
Pool 1 – Activities Pool is open 9 am to 7pm
Pool 2 – Victor Borge Pool is open 10 am to 7 pm
Pool 3 – Shady Glen Pool is open 10 am to 6 pm
Pool 4 – Hilltop Pool is open 9 am to 7 pm
- Reservations are not required.
- There is no time limit to swim sessions.
- Wearing of masks is optional outdoors.
- Residents need to wear their teal resident wristbands.
- No guests are allowed right now, but the Trustees are re-evaluating this decision.
- Pool furniture is set up as usual, with bathhouses and restrooms open for full capacity.
- Staff will clean thoroughly once a day.
Hooray for Heritage Village Reopenings!
Fully vaccinated residents are no longer required to wear masks in the Foundation buildings. It is recommended that unvaccinated residents continue to wear masks.
Meeting House is open 8 am to 10 pm
Lodge is open 8 am to 10 pm
Fitness Center is open 5 am to 10 pm
Activities Building is open 8 am to 10 pm
Ethan Allen Library is open Mon. – Sat. 10 to 12 pm and 2 to 4 pm, Sun. 2 to 4 pm
Fireside – Opening to be determined
2021 Grounds Maintenance and Shrub Pruning is in Progress
Eversource Project in Winship Barn Area
Eversource has informed us that they will begin upgrading power and communications along North Poverty Road in the Winship Barn area of the Village within the next several weeks. New utility poles with cross arms will be installed to facilitate the upgrade. In doing so, they will need to remove trees that will be tagged with orange flagging along the town road on North Poverty Road. No replanting of trees in this area will be allowed. Stay tuned for any updates.
Village Jeopardy is Coming Back in July!
Once again, Alexa Trebecca will reveal answers to questions that will stir the minds of our contestants! Filming will take place on Friday, July 23 in Room D in the Activities Building from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
As always, we need volunteers to make it happen! Positions needed are:
-2 board attendants
-3 score keepers
- Many audience members to hum the Jeopardy theme song and clap enthusiastically
-1 piano player
To volunteer, send an email to email@example.com and indicate the position in which you are interested.