Important Community Safety Information and Reminders
The safety and well-being of our community is of utmost importance. Please take a moment to review the following safety information.
Keep all heating vents clear to prevent the risk of fire.
Ensure that access to your doorways and pathways is unobstructed, allowing for easy evacuation in case of an emergency.
If you detect the smell of smoke or gas, dial 911 immediately for assistance.
In the event that you live in a 4-plex and your smoke alarm sounds, evacuate your unit promptly and contact 911.
Do not store items on your stovetop or inside your oven
If you notice evidence of burn marks on your ceiling or walls, blackening around your outlets, melted cords, etc. do not hesitate to call 911.
Additional fire safety tips will be included in the January Bulletin courtesy of Tim Baldwin
If you sense a threat to safety or believe a crime is in progress, please do not hesitate to call 911.
Observe and adhere to all posted stop signs within the community. It is crucial to slow down and comply with our community speed limit of 25 MPH. Inform your family and friends about the posted speed limit as well. Road safety is everyone's responsibility.
At the request of the HV Community, Southbury Police Department in collaboration with Bill McKenna, Compliance Officer, have arranged for a speed trailer to be placed in and around Heritage Village within the next few weeks.
In the event of a medical emergency affecting please contact 911 immediately for professional assistance.
We have encountered challenges in responding promptly to emergencies due to a lack of access to certain units. It is a rule: “Article IV, Section 3, subsection F — Except for two-car Berkshire garage doors, all unit owners/ residents shall furnish the HVMA Safety and Security or its successor with passkeys to all current locks installed on their unit and garage doors.”
To ensure a swift response during emergencies, we kindly request that you provide a spare key, which will be securely stored in Dispatch. This will enable us to quickly and easily access your unit if the need arises. To provide a key stop by the Heritage Village Center, Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m. to 3:30p.m.
We urge all homeowners to review the Maintenance Standards posted on our community website Heritage Village Master Association (heritagevlgct.org). Familiarizing yourself with these standards will help maintain safety within your own unit.
For maintenance emergencies that occur after hours, please contact the Safety Officer. It is important to note that our crew will only be called in after hours for repairs if they pose a threat to safety. Otherwise a work order will be created to be addressed during hours of operation.
To contact a Safety Officer please call 203-264-4001. If the officer is assisting another resident, you will be asked to leave a detailed voice message. The officer will be sure to return your call promptly.
By working together and keeping these tips in mind, we can potentially save a life.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation in maintaining a safe community.
HVMA/HVF Officer Position Candidates' Resumes
Click here to read the resumes of our HVMA/HVF Officer Candidates. The candidates are: President - Terry Calnan of Condo 5 and Karl Schmidt of Condo 16; Vice President: Alex Joseph of Condo 15 and Mary Beth Walkley of Condo 12; Treasurer - Ron D'Uva of Condo 21 and Roger Giordano of Condo 7; Secretary: Zoe Milbank of Condo 11.
Village Parking Reminder
As the holiday season is upon us, we have noticed an uptick in parking violations within our community. To ensure a safe and joyful holiday for all, we kindly request that both residents and their guests adhere to our community rules regarding parking. By following these guidelines, we can maintain a harmonious community for everyone.
- Emergency Vehicle Access: It is essential to maintain clear access for emergency vehicles at all times. Please refrain from parking in fire lanes or blocking fire hydrants. Your cooperation in this matter could potentially save lives during an emergency.
- Vehicle Registration: All residents must register their vehicles with our community's safety team. Upon registration, you will receive a vehicle sticker that must be affixed to the rear driver-side window. This helps our security personnel differentiate between authorized and unauthorized vehicles within our premises. To register your vehicle, stop by the Heritage Village Center, Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m. to 3:30p.m.
- Avoid Blocking Garages: Blocking residential garages inconveniences fellow residents who need access to their parking spaces. Please be mindful and refrain from blocking garage entrances or exits at any time.
- One Vehicle Per Designated Spot: To ensure that all residents have fair access to parking spaces, we kindly request that each household restrict their vehicles to one designated spot. It is not appropriate to have one vehicle hold two parking spots.
- 15-Minute Parking Zones: In areas designated as 15-minute parking, please avoid overstaying the allotted time. This allows for quick and convenient parking options for those who need to make brief stops, such as dropping off or picking up items.
To learn more about our parking policies, violations and towing procedures please refer to the 2022 Approved Revised Rules and Regulations found on the HVMA Website APPROVED OCTOBER 25 2022 NEW RULES HANDBOOK TWO (002) (003).pdf (heritagevlgct.org)
Starting from the month of December, overnight parking will be permitted in the Paddock parking area for both residents and their guests. We are hopeful this decision will aid in reducing parking congestion within the clusters.
Parking in the Paddock area is at your own risk. We urge residents and guests to take necessary precautions and secure vehicles properly. Vehicles that are parked within this area after January 2nd are subject to fines and/or towing.
Your cooperation and adherence to these parking rules will greatly contribute to the overall safety of our community during this festive season. Let us all work together to create an enjoyable and respectful environment for everyone.
Message From COO Dan Drew
I am writing to let you know that the management offices and customer service operations have moved to 465 Heritage Road.
Please click here to see the attached document to assist you in navigating the parking lot.
We are still getting settled so, if you come by for business, please excuse the boxes. We are also looking forward to a hosting an open house for residents that we will schedule and announce soon.
When visiting, please park in the large parking lot known as the “Paddock Parking Lot” closest to the Meeting House. From there, you can take the sidewalk to the front door where a receptionist will assist you.
Again, please see the attached document for parking and entrance directions and we look forward to welcoming you to our community’s new headquarters.
Have a nice day.
Red Cross Home Fire Preparedness Campaign is offering free in-home smoke detectors.
As part of this campaign participants will receive:
· Installed smoke alarms if no working smoke alarms are present in your home
· Guidance in the development of a Family Disaster Plan
· Valuable emergency preparedness tips and information
· All demonstration and installation services will be performed by Red Cross-trained volunteers and/or licensed/insured professionals.
Sign up to receive time-sensitive emergency and critical community alerts. You can choose to receive alerts by phone, text, and/or email. If you subscribed to the Town of Southbury emergency alerts through Code Red, you must re-register with Everbridge to ensure that you receive emergency messages.
Southbury will use the emergency notification system to alert residents about a variety of events such as severe weather, fires, floods, and other emergencies.
How to Sign Up? Click here to go to the Everbridge Sign Up page. Or text “SouthburyCT” to 888777. If you do not have access to text devices or a computer, or would like assistance in registering, you may pick up a form at Southbury Town Hall or Southbury Public Library. Completed forms can be submitted to the Southbury Emergency Management office located in Town Hall on the 3rd floor.